Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting held on
Thursday 9th November 2017 at 6.30 p.m.
Present: Philippa Richards (Chairperson), Carolyn Edwards (Vice Chairperson), Amanda Doherty, Menna Mortimore, Julia Hippsley, Andrew Hippsley, Chris Kelly, Rhian Watts, Rhian Williams.
Clerk: Donna Roberts
121/17 Apologies: Bethan Rosser
122/17 Declaration of Interest.
Cllr Edwards due to County Borough Status
The minutes of the Meeting on 10th October 2017 of the Blaengwrach Community Council were accepted as a true record, proposed by Cllr Watts, seconded by Cllr Mortimore.
124/17 Matters Arising
Trees at Edward Street – Cllr Edwards has spoken to NPTCBC and will re contact for progress report.
Road at Unity Mine – to be reviewed at a later date.
Planning issues re development of land at Empire Ave. There are problems with sale of land.
No planning applications received
126/17 Crime and Disorder.
No crime figure received. Action: DR to contact Claire Rogers and request figures on a monthly basis.
NPTCBC Rates 402.00
Dwr Cymru 141.50
Gwasg Morganwg 120.00
NPTCBC Waste 210.34
RLB donation 50.00
DD Plumbers 2988.00
Water rates 80.37
Hall Rental £484
Budget discuss in line with cash flow forecast. Budget approved for October.
128/17 Precept 2017/2018
Cllrs discussed the request for annual precept, all agreed not to increase the annual precept. Action: DR to respond to NPTCBC.
Letter from resident – Letter re bus routes. Cllr Richards has replied.
Letter from resident – Various issues. Cllr Edwards has replied as NPTCBC Coulcilor
Rospa – Play Safety Inspection Report
British Gas – information on new tariffs. Action: DR to get quotes for new supplier
Community Safety Newsletter
Mid and west Wales Fire & Rescue Service
Boundaries Commission for Wales
Catalogue, park equipment
Wickstead – Play equipment
Right of Way Improvement Plan
Mid and West Wales Fire Service
One Voice Wales
Burial charges for Children
- Flanders/Wales: A First World War Symposium
- The Ombudsman’s Casebook
- Review of the Community and Town Council Sectors,
- One Voice Wales Innovative Practice National Awards 2018
- Devolution of Services/Community Asset Transfer Training course.
- Welsh Government News: Scheme to promote closer working with local government
- One Voice Wales Bulletin
- Survey on burial of children
- The Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee of the National Assembly for Wales are undertaking a consultation on its inquiry into Local Approaches to poverty reduction: The Well-Being of Future Generations Act and public service boards
- The Royal Town Planning Institute Competition to Picture Wales’.
- Local Authorities (Capital Finance & Accounting) (Wales) Regulations 2003.
- Advertisment for the position of the Welsh Language Commissioner’s Audit and Risk e Member
- Boundaries Commission
- Consultation on Green areas
130/17 Committee Reports
No reports presented
131/17 Matters Raised by Cllrs
Cllr Mortimore has contacted Bookers Warehouse re discount card and agreed to be the cardholder for the account. Action: DR to write letter of authority to be signed by Chairperson
Selar Mining will donate a Christmas tree to be erected at The Welfare Park. Action: DR to contact Centregreat re lights.
Action: DR to print tickets for Christmas party and confirm sleigh booking.
Dog fouling was discussed, residents have to be willing to make a statement to police if the report dog fouling. Cllr Edwards has contacted NPTCBC to empty bins. Action: Cllr Richards to purchase dog fouling bags to be distributed to resident at the Premier Store in Cwmgwrach.
All new bank accounts at TSB are now running. Action: DR to contact Barclays to close accounts.
Cllrs discussed the need for a security alarm for Caretaker when locking up the building. Action: DR to discuss with Caretaker and order alarm.
Code of Conduct training was attended by seven Councillors at St Mary’s Church on 25th October.
Cllrs will meet with Paul Hinder re grant application for development of The Welfare Park. Action: DR to book St Mary’s Church for 23 November at 6.30pm.
132/17 The Welfare Hall and Park
- An accident book is now in place at The Welfare Hall. Action: DR to copy entries in the book to bring to monthly Council meeting.
- The issue of children riding bikes in the park. Action: DR to order new signs stating “no bikes in the park”
- There has been damage to the grass in several places. Action: DR to order “no Ball Games in This Area” to encourage children to use the football pitch for ball games.
- Lighting – Councillors decided that new lighting is needed at the rear of the Welfare Hall and on the front corner of the building. Action: DR to contact electrician re quote.
- Cllr Kelly to speak to Gardener re water holding at the entrance to The Park.
133/17 Set Date & Time of next meeting
Next meeting: 6.30 p.m. on Thursday 11thJanuary 2017 at St Mary’s Church.
Clerk left meeting at 8:25pm
Councillors discussed the arrangements for the Christmas celebrations and Remembrace Service.
Councillors discussed the deeds of The Welfare Hall and park in closed session.