Present: Cllr. Carolyn Edwards, Cllr. Jennifer Bulman, Cllr. Peter Rudd, Cllr. Rhian Williams, Cllr. David Jones, Cllr. Andrew Hippsley and Cllr. Menna Mortimore
Council Employees Present: RFO Clive Baker, Clerk Linda Evans
Members of the Public Present: There were no members of the public present
11/23 Apologies: Cllr. Rhian A Williams, Cllr. Amanda Doherty and Cllr. Alan Edwards sent their apologies.
Cllr. Carolyn Edwards – Chair started the meeting. The meeting is held as a multi-hybrid meeting in accordance with The Local Government and Elections (Wales) Act 2021
12/23 Declarations of Interest: There were no declarations of interest in this meeting.
13/23 County Councillor`s Report: Cllr Hayley Davies had sent her apologies and sent an email to reassure the Councillors that the complaint sent to her by LE (Clerk) was noted and the local PCSOs were increasing their patrols in the area, so far had found nothing unusual. There was nothing further to report, but anything arising from the meeting please update after the meeting.
- Complaint has come to the Council’s attention about dust above Heol y Graig with the work the NRW are carrying out. The constituent wished to find out what the work was for.
14/23 Public Observations on Matters Arising and Agenda Items Being Discussed at this Meeting: There were no public observations on matters arising or agenda items.
15/2 Confirmation of the Minutes of the Meetings, Special Finance Meeting 13th April 2023 and the Ordinary Meeting 20th April 2023 as a True Records: The minutes were passed and seconded as true records of the meeting dated 13th April 2023 and 20th April 2023.
16/23 Matters Arising from the meetings 13/04/23 and 20/04/23:
Meeting 17/11/22: CB RFO updated the Councillors on the current position on the Audit Report 2021/22 – all questions asked have been reported back to the Audit Office and the final report should be received in 2–3 weeks. The Audit for 2022/2023 is with the Internal Auditor and should be returned by the June Meeting.
County Councillor Report: Cllr. PR reported further issues regarding the building work at Heol y Graig. With the excavation work exposing a gas pipe. The gas board was contacted, there was no gas leak and they were going to contact the builders/owner with instructions on what needed to be done.
a) Flat Roof and Kitchen Ceiling of the Welfare Hall – Painting completed, and no answer off AW as to when the ceiling in the kitchen area is going to be repaired. Clerk to message AW and Cllr. CE to contact the electrician for the replacement of the lights.
b) Leases of Council Owned Land – to discuss in closed session
c) Coal Field Regeneration Trust Energy Efficiency Community Building Support Program – Chair and Clerk to arrange a time to study the report as soon as possible. There is an increase in the electricity usage charge. The Council are not tied to a fixed contract so RFO to investigate switching to a better tariff – see 20/24 Correspondence Utility Warehouse – Energy Bills Discount Scheme
d) Payments by RFO (from personal bank account) – Clerk has been accepted as signatory – once council bank card is received all direct debits can be moved from RFO personal account.
e) Cinema Equipment – Clerk to arrange for the marketing leaflet to be completed.
f)Paul Hinder – Community Council Presentation for Concrete” Street Course” Skate Park at the Vale of Neath Leisure Centre Site – there was disappointment from Cllr RW in relation to the statement on the Glynneath Town Council Website regarding the attainment of the new Skate Park with no mention of the contribution from the Cwmgwrach Selar Fund. CE assured the meeting that a further post will include all contributions. And it was moved to include in these evening minutes an acknowledgment – 50/50 contribution from the Selar Glynneath and Selar Cwmgwrach funds, with a contribution from Aberpergwm Fund and main the contribution from Maes Gwyn Fund. Blaengwrach Community Council Website will look at adding a similar post on the Council Website more towards the launch time of the Skate Park. The naming of the Skate Park was discussed with an interest in being involved in the final decision.
Cllr. Menna Mortimore gave her apologies and left the meeting.
g)Christmas Celebration 2023 – c/f to next meeting.
h)Selar and Maesgwyn Funds – item is now closed
i)Standards Committee – item is now closed
17/23 Agenda Items:
a)Remuneration of Councillor Allowances – Each Councillor can claim the allowance, RFO will issue the offer letter, and only Councillors that do not wish to receive the allowance need to return the letter to the RFO. A statutory list will then be returned to the Audit Office at the required time. Councilors discussed what the allowance covers and the amount/s.
b)Insurance Renewal – Due on 15/06/2023 – cover and costs were agreed by Council – RFO to pay – though an increase in premium, this was covered in the budget.
c)Cllr CE Feedback from the One Voice Wales and NPT Liaison Meeting – The meeting discussed the new election rules requiring photographic ID. Speaker RG talked about the rules and regulations around the new legislation. Clerk had sent out a presentation to all Cllr. for their information.
d)Standards Committee Report 2022/23 – The clerk sent the recently published report to all Cllr’s. Councillors agreed to share the meeting dates with the Committee.
18/23 Planning: There were no planning applications to discuss at this meeting.
19/22 Crime and Disorder.
The reported crime figures for the Blaengwrach/Cwmgwrach & Glynneath West area for March 2023 – 10 – Violence and sexual offences 6, Shoplifting 2, Anti-social behavior 1, Criminal damage and arson 1 (From the “Crime Map” the reported crime figures show that with the Blaengwrach/Cwmgwrach area for March 2023 5 reported crimes. These were – 2 Shoplifting, 1 Anti-social behavior, 1 Criminal damage and 1 Violence and sexual offences.
Note: Future Pact Meetings, hosted by The South Wales Police may well be on-line via Zoom and the South Wales Police will post all required details of the meetings on their web page. NOTE: The public can attend any local PACT meeting to ask questions & give their views re: local crime & policing.
Clerk to pass on to the local PCSO’s Cllr’s concerned about an incident that happened in the park with a pony and 2 young riders.
20/23Finance (to approve payments made and income received)
|Payments Made||24/02/23 to 16/03/23||£ Amounts|
|HMRC||Tax and NI Due||234.54|
|Utility Warehouse Ltd||Electricity @ Welfare Hall||262.69|
|Welsh Water||Water Rates for Hall||136.00|
|Welsh Water||Water Rates for Cemetery||10.50|
|Zoom Business (C Baker)||Mthly Fee – Meetings||31.18|
|EE Ltd.||Mthly Fee – Hall WiFi||50.78|
|British Gas||Welfare Hall 17/03/23-16/04/23||448.99|
|NPTCBC||Mthly Rates Hall||370.00|
|NPTCBC||Mthly Rates Cemetery||21.60|
|Welsh Water||Rates Cemetery||14.89|
|E-Cycle Ltd||Removal and Destruction of old electrical equipment||126.00|
|B&Q||Decorating Materials -Hall||29.00|
|NPTCBC||Waste Collection 1/4/23-30/9/23||490.00|
|Euro Garages||Petrol – Park Machinery||26.51|
|Viking Direct||Cartridges/Bin Bags||61.32|
|Tumbleweed||Paint Brushes/Bin Bags||8.97|
|Income Received||24/02/2023 to 16/03/2023||£ Amounts|
|SRCC Stores Ltd.||Mthly Rental||30.00|
|TSB Bank||Mthly Interest||6.65|
|NPTCBC||1st Precept 2023/24||17807.68|
|VIEW (Glynneath) Ltd||Hall Hire April 23||36.00|
|Celtic Archers||Hall Hire April 23||96.00|
|Singing for the Brain||Hall Hire April 23||72.00|
|Cwmgwrach Judo Club||Hall Hire March 23||40.00|
|S Thomas||Hall Hire 04/03/23||20.00|
|Cwmgwrach/Blaengwrach Timeline||Hall Hire 15th April||40.00|
|Cwmgwrach Scouts||Hall Lease 2023||100.00|
|HMRC||VAT reclaim under section 126 (1/4/23-31/3/23)||5718.51|
|Account Balances||As at Date||£ Amounts|
|General Account||18th May 2023||14424.90|
|Reserve/Saver Account||18th May 2023||14742.11|
|Total Account Balances 18/05/23 29167.01|
- Utility Warehouse – Energy Bills Discount Scheme
- Written Statement – Democratic Health of Community and Town Councils
21/23 Review Budget Items and “5 Year Plan”
a) RoSPA inspection scheduled in June, no date given yet. The clerk requested from RoSPA a weekly inspection check sheet for an additional cost – £30.00. agreed to purchase the check sheet to compile with H&S and a record of inspection. Caretaker has completed a course in the last 2 years on park inspection.
b)Stage Curtains – Clerk to arrange dates for quotes.
Section 137 Requests:
- Kids Cancer Charity: declined – unable to support
22/23 Set Date, Time & Proposed Agenda Items for the next meeting;
The next meeting is scheduled will be held on Thursday 15th June 2023 at 6.30 pm. The venue of the meeting will be the Welfare Hall, and available remotely on Zoom. The proposed agenda items are, at this time – None
Notices for the meetings will be posted at least three working days before they are due to take place.
Meeting closed at 8.03 pm