Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting held on
Thursday 11th May 2017 at 6.30 p.m.
Present: Philippa Richards (Chairperson), Carolyn Edwards (Vice Chairperson), Amanda Doherty, Menna Mortimore, Julia Hippsley, Andrew Hippsley, Chris Kelly, Rhian Watts, Rhian Williams.
Clerk: Donna Roberts
047/17 Apologies: Bethan Rosser
048/17 Declaration of Interest.
Cllr Edwards due to County Borough Status
The minutes of the Meeting on 20th April 2017 of the Blaengwrach Community Council were accepted as a true record, proposed by Cllr Edwards, seconded by Cllr Richards.
050/17 Matters Arising
Application for funding for stage curtains – Cllr Edwards reported that the funding application had been refused with the suggestion that a stronger application which included other organisations may be looked at more favorably.
There will be a site visit in relation to P2017/0112 on 5th June prior to the planning meeting. Cllr Edwards will present a case for an objection to the application. Action: DR to contact Jane Ralph Woodman @ NPTCBC planning department to request a member of Blaengwrach Community Council to speak at the planning meeting.
052/17 Crime and Disorder.
No notices due to purdah – general election in June.
Dwr Cymru £134
Hall Rental £980
Cemetery Fees £250
Budget discuss in line with cash flow forecast. Budget approved for May.
The Cllrs agreed to transfer the Council’s bank accounts from Barclays Bank to TSB in Glynneath, Signatories to be Donna Roberts, Menna Mortimore, Philippa Richards and Julia Hipsley, any two out of three to sign. Postal address for statement etc to be Donna Roberts, 12 Heol Wenallt, Cwmgwrach, Neath, SA11 5PT
Council agreed to continue using current signatories until change of Bank Account.
Zurich Insurance – Cllr approved the renewal of Community Council insurance policy with Zurich Insurance.
055/17 Committee Reports
No reports presented
056/17 Matters Raised by Cllrs
Cllrs decided to hold an afternoon tea event at The Welfare Hall on Sunday 11th June between 3pm and 5pm to consult with residents and discuss ideas for the future development of the area.
New fencing in Welfare Park – The Park Project Committee will meet with Paul Hinder to discuss the availability of grant funding through Selar Community Benefits Fund. Committee to meet with fencing contractor on Wednesday 17th at 6.30pm. Action: DR to confirm date and time.
A resident has made an enquiry re the trees in the school yard. Action: Cllr Edwards and Cllr A Hippsley to visit school to discuss the situation.
There has been a fly tipping incident at “the red bridge”. Action: Cllr Edwards to contact NPTCBC.
There is an issue with the access road to Unity Mine. Action: Cllr Edwards to contact NPTCBC.
The new Gardener/Handyman has started working and Cllrs agreed to meet with him in July.
057/17 One Voice Wales Membership
All Cllrs agreed to membership of One Voice Wales. Action: Cllr Edwards will contact OVW regarding membership.
058/17 Councillor Training
A list of training courses to be requested from OVW.
059/17 Set Date & Time of next meeting
Next meeting: 6.30 p.m. on Wednesday 7th June 2017 at St Mary’s Church.
Meeting: 6.30 p.m. on Wednesday 7th June 2017 at St Mary’s Church.